THOMAS DIESTLER – COUNTER TENOR – Class dates: 29.07.-09.08.2019Daniel Gandomi
Master class for tenors in Vienna at the Campanella Music Academy consist of one-to-one and group lessons. The music school offers professional singing lessons.
Since 2017 SENIOR LECTURER GESANG MDW (University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna)
The countertenor Thomas Diestler, originally from Graz, Austria, received his education at the conservatories in Graz and Vienna.
He was a laureate of several scholarships which u.a. Masterclasses at the New Opera School Zurich (NOZ) and the American Institute for Musical Studies (AIMS) made possible, from which he emerged in 1997 as a laureate of the Meistersinger Competition.
In 1999 he made his debut at the Munich Biennale in Babette Koblenz’s opera “Recherche” and has since worked as a freelance counter tenor.
He is the guest of numerous (baroque) festivals and others. Halle Festival, Potsdam Festival Sanssouci, the Vienna Concert Hall, the Tonhalle Zurich and numerous European stages u.a. the Aalto Theater Essen, the Staatstheater Nürnberg, the Bavarian State Opera, the Bayerisches Staatsschauspiel, Theatro Real Bury St Edmunds, London’s Britten Theater, the Pfalztheater Kaiserslautern, the Tiroler Landestheater, or the Prince-Bishops Opera House Passau.
It was next u.a. Vivaldi’s operas Orlando Furioso and Montezuma or Purcell’s A Fairy Queen are his Baroque main focus, especially on Handel’s stage works, in which he depicts the great characters of his profession in operas such as. Giulio Cesare, Rodelinda, Amadigi di Gaula, Teseo, Ariodante, Ottone, Partenope, or Alceste embodied.
In addition to his coloraturessness, the press always emphasized his moving, impressive playing. His “dark, timbred, warm voice” earned him a lot of attention in his “ethereally beautiful” press in Oberon’s Britten “A Mid-Summer Night’s Dream” and Edgar in Aribert Reimann’s “Lear”.
| Course Description |
Master class for tenors in Vienna at the Campanella Music Academy consist of one-to-one and group lessons.
Master class for tenors in Vienna can be choose between courses in concert, solo and chamber music literature in the form of individual lessons or group lessons consisting of 4 or 8 lesson units(course duration: 1 week).
| Conditions |
Master class for tenors in Vienna is designed for music students, young students and talented musicians. Our professors choose the students on basis of their information. Detailed description about the musical skills and education, increases the chance for a place in the master class.
- Rooms and pianos for practicing are included in the package for at least 1 hour per day and participants who have registered for private lessons.
- Participants who wish to practice for more than 1 hour, can book the rooms additionally for 3 EUR per hour. Each room offers at least one upright or grand Piano, most of them a prestigious FEURICH piano.
- Campanella Music Academy provides these practicing facilities free for 1hour per day and per Student.
- Please note that the schedule may be subject to change under certain circumstances.
- Passive course attendance is possible up on registration.
- Participants (under 18 years) are subject to the rules of the Children and Youth Protection Act.
- Confirmation of registration will be sent after approval by the lecturer and payment of the registration fee. The number of available places is limited-early registration is recommended
- In case of your cancellation after Registration 100% of the course fee will be charged.
Campanella Music Academy offers summer academy & master classes in cooperation with Professors of the Univerity in Austria, international Soloist and “Crearte Music freands” association in Vienna.
| Music Tour in Vienna |
The participants may choose individually between Master class for tenors in Vienna and music tour, or they may book the overall package.
Is a small and charming City-Hotel, located in the heart of Vienna, opposite the famous State Opera.
A perfect location, where most of the city highlights are in reachable walking distance. Public transportation going to all directions of Vienna can be found directly in front of the hotel.
“Music Tour „Opera-View Package”
- 5 x nights incl. Breakfast in standard DBL or single in Opernring Hotel
- Vienna Pass for 3 days
- Sacher Jause (1 x coffee / tea / hot chocolate and 1 piece of original Sacher cake)
- City Airport Train to and from Vienna Airport
“3 Days Vienna Pass”
includes the following services:
- Free access to over 60 top attractions and museums in Vienna including Schönbrunn Palace, The Sound Museum, Schubert’s birthplace, and Mozart’s birthplace.
- Unlimited use of the HOP ON HOP OFF
- VIENNA SIGHTSEEING TOUR, buses for the entire duration of the pass (72h)
- Free Guidebook for travel planning and exploration of the city
- Fast track entry to several top sights in Vienna.
From EUR 495,00 net per person /package in a double room
From EUR 749.00 net per person /package in a single room
“Mondial Destination Management”
Operngasse 20b, 1040 Vienna, Austria
tel: +43 15 88 04 128
| Reductions |
Campanella Music Academy provides private services:
- 15% reduction on course fee for private lessons (minimum 10 participants)
- 10% discount on course fees for Goethe language course participants.
- 10% discount on course fees for Music students.
- 50% reduction on course fee for group lessons (minimum 20 participants)
- 50% discount on course fees for musicians with disabilities.
| Registration |
Registration fee: 100,00 EUR/ Deadline: 03. June 2019
| Course Costs |
EUR 649,- per student