EVERT SOOSTER, MA. – Bass – Class dates: 24.07.-15.08.2019Daniel Gandomi
Master class for singen in Vienna at the music school consist of one-to-one and group lessons. The Campanella Music Academy offers professional singing lessons.
“Evert Sooster in the role of Mephisto proved to be a much better and much more experienced actor… He has humour and ironic distancing, he knows how to move on stage and his French diction is quite natural… His rendition of the Serenade was also brilliant. His voice is noble, and he knows how to work with it in a most expressive manner.”
– Revisor Online, The National Cultural Fund, Budapest, on the premiere of Berlioz’s La Danmation de Faust – by András Csont, January 4, 2010
Evert Sooster is a freelance artist and has performed for nearly 20 years as a basso-cantante in celebrated opera houses throughout Europe and his homeland, Russia, and is currently a guest professor of vocal arts at the Vienna Music Academy. His body of work includes the following performances:
1998/1999 – The Festival of Schwetzingen in Germany c/o Opera du Rhin of Strasbourg in France, performed as Mazetto in Don Giovanni by W.A.Mozart, conducted by Thomas Hengelbrock and staged by Achim Freyer ( released on ARTE & ZDF broadcast).
1998/1999 – Prinzregenten Theater of München c/o Theater-an-der-Wien in Vienna, performed as Plutone in L’Orpheo by C.Monteverdi, conducted by Thomas Hengelbrock / Ivor Bolton (in Munich) and staged by Achim Freyer.
2001 – Performed at the Opera du Marseille as Vanuzzi in Die Schweigsame Frau.
2002 – Performed at the Teatro di San Carlo of Naples as Abimelech in Samson et Dalila.
2003 – Performed at the Finnish National Opera of Helsinki as Henry the VIII in Anna Bolena with Elina Garanca.
2002/2003 – First appearance at The Festival of Salzburg in Austria performing as a King in Die Liebe der Danae and as a Philister in Samson et Dalila with Placido Domingo as Samson, conducted by Valery Gergiev.
2004/2005 – Debut as Boris Godunov at the Hessian State Theatre of Wiesbaden (original version).
2006 – Performed at the Hessian State Theatre Wiesbaden as Colline in La Boheme.
2009 – Performed as Boris at the National Concert Hall of Budapest.
2010 – Performed at the National Concert Hall of Budapest as Mephistopheles in La damnation de Faust.
2012 – Performed at the Dome of Milan as a priest in Assassino nella Cattedrale by I. Pizzetti with Jose Carreras.
2013/2014 – Performed at the Theatre of Freiburg (Germany) as Procida and Vaudemont in I Vespri Siciliani.
2013 – Performed the Bass Solo part in Missa di Requiem by G.Verdi at the Dome of Herford and at the Regentenbau of Bad Kissingen in Germany.
2015/2016/2017 – Made several appearances at the Tyrolian Festival of Erl in Austria as Don Basilio in Il Barbiere di Siviglia by G.Rossini, and as Sarastro/ II Armored Man /The II Priest in The Magic Flute by W.A. Mozart.
2017 – Performed at the Opera of Linz as Il Commendatore and as the I Soldier in Salome.
2017 – Performed at the Alexandrinsky Theatre of St.Petersbourg as Creon / Messanger in Oedipus Rex by I. Strawinsky, conducted by Marius Strawinsky.
2017 – Performed at the Opera Bergen in Norway as Gusljar and Bedjaj in The Legend of the invisible City of Kitezh, by M. Rimsky-Korsakov, and in the following production of Aida as The King (with Yano Tamar as Aida).
2017 – Performed the Bass Solo part in Missa di Requiem by G.Donizetti at the Jochannes church of Bergen.
2018 – Performed at the Theatre of Klagenfurt “Lady Macbeth of the Mtsensk District” by Dmitri Shostakovich.
Two recitals of the symphonies by Galina Ustwolskaya are to come at the sommer festival of Salzburg.
| Course Description |
Master class for singen in Vienna at the Campanella Music Academy consist of one-to-one and group lessons.
Master class for Vocal in Vienna can be choose between courses in concert, solo and chamber music literature in the form of individual lessons or group lessons consisting of 4 or 8 lesson units(course duration: 1 week).
| Conditions |
Master class for singen in Vienna is designed for music students, young students and talented musicians. Our professors choose the students on basis of their information. Detailed description about the musical skills and education, increases the chance for a place in the master class.
- Rooms and pianos for practicing are included in the package for at least 1 hour per day and participants who have registered for private lessons.
- Participants who wish to practice for more than 1 hour, can book the rooms additionally for 3 EUR per hour. Each room offers at least one upright or grand Piano, most of them a prestigious FEURICH piano.
- Campanella Music Academy provides these practicing facilities free for 1hour per day and per Student.
- Please note that the schedule may be subject to change under certain circumstances.
- Passive course attendance is possible up on registration.
- Participants (under 18 years) are subject to the rules of the Children and Youth Protection Act.
- Confirmation of registration will be sent after approval by the lecturer and payment of the registration fee. The number of available places is limited-early registration is recommended
- In case of your cancellation after Registration 100% of the course fee will be charged.
Campanella Music Academy offers summer academy & master classes in cooperation with Professors of the Univerity in Austria, international Soloist and “Crearte Music freands” association in Vienna.
| Music Tour in Vienna |
The participants may choose individually between Master class for singen in Vienna and music tour, or they may book the overall package.
Is a small and charming City-Hotel, located in the heart of Vienna, opposite the famous State Opera.
A perfect location, where most of the city highlights are in reachable walking distance. Public transportation going to all directions of Vienna can be found directly in front of the hotel.
“Music Tour „Opera-View Package”
- 5 x nights incl. Breakfast in standard DBL or single in Opernring Hotel
- Vienna Pass for 3 days
- Sacher Jause (1 x coffee / tea / hot chocolate and 1 piece of original Sacher cake)
- City Airport Train to and from Vienna Airport
“3 Days Vienna Pass”
includes the following services:
- Free access to over 60 top attractions and museums in Vienna including Schönbrunn Palace, The Sound Museum, Schubert’s birthplace, and Mozart’s birthplace.
- Unlimited use of the HOP ON HOP OFF
- VIENNA SIGHTSEEING TOUR, buses for the entire duration of the pass (72h)
- Free Guidebook for travel planning and exploration of the city
- Fast track entry to several top sights in Vienna.
From EUR 495,00 net per person /package in a double room
From EUR 749.00 net per person /package in a single room
“Mondial Destination Management”
Operngasse 20b, 1040 Vienna, Austria
tel: +43 15 88 04 128
| Reductions |
Campanella Music Academy provides private services:
- 15% reduction on course fee for private lessons (minimum 10 participants)
- 10% discount on course fees for Goethe language course participants.
- 10% discount on course fees for Music students.
- 50% reduction on course fee for group lessons (minimum 20 participants)
- 50% discount on course fees for musicians with disabilities.
| Registration |
Registration fee: 100,00 EUR/ Deadline: 03. June 2019
| Course Costs |
EUR 649,- per student